partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential. Learn more in this video from the International Coach Federation.
The professional coaching relationship
A professional coaching relationship exists when coaching includes an agreement (including contracts) that defines the responsibilities of each party.
Hiring a coach
Here are five tips to consider when you're thinking of hiring a coach:
- Educate yourself about the field of coaching.
- Know your objectives for working with a coach.
- Interview several coaches before deciding on one.
- Ensure you have a good relationship with a coach before deciding to work with them.
- Make sure you have a clear agreement (including contracts) defining responsibilities for your coaching relationship before starting.